Topic: DKIM for each domain

I am aware of the documentation at https://docs.iredmail.org/sign.dkim.sig … ail-domain .

However, will there be a way to do this inside Pro at some point, perhaps as part of adding a new domain to the control panel? All the documentation I'm reading about DMARC these days strongly implies that outgoing messages "should" be signed by the sending domain, not the domain of the ISP. I have been doing the latter, but I'm strongly considering switching to the former within the next month or two.

Thanks Zhang.

Craig

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: DKIM for each domain

craig wrote:

However, will there be a way to do this inside Pro at some point

No plan to support per-domain DKIM key. Sorry.

Thanks for your reply.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

No plan to support per-domain DKIM key. Sorry.

Am I wrong in my interpretation of the documentation that suggests this is preferable?

There's no preferable setting in this case on tech side, choose the one you prefer.

But i PERSONALLY prefer one DKIM key for all domains because no need to create new key + update amavisd config file + restart "amavisd" service after added a new domain, no need to update DNS record for new domain name (especially if your client is not a tech guy and you have to spend a lot time to guide him/her to correctly add the DNS record).

Also, Amavisd doesn't support querying per-domain DKIM key from SQL db, so you have to update amavisd config file and restart the service each time you modified the config file.

Thanks for your feedback. You and I have the same preference, but sadly the Gmails and Microsofts of the world run the email system through their free webmail services, and they don't care about your and my preferences. This is great if you have a gmail.com or hotmail.com address, but not for the rest of us.

I'll keep reading, and if/when I find something independent and concrete that makes the point in my original post I'll try to remember to post it here.

Craig