Topic: Best way to merge 2 vmail1 folders ? Rsync?
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?easy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Maria DB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Hello , I had a server crash (Server with 6500 accounts) last week and managed to get back up and running within 2 hours with the new server (backed up and restored all SQL data except, mysql), but I have to restore the old mails from the vmail1 folder now. The main problem ist the timestamps of the mails, so I think the best way to merge the two folders is rsync with this option , am I right ? rsync -aP /backup/vmail1/ /var/vmail/vmail1
Thank you very much !