Topic: Mail from whitelisted server rejected

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?: Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB/MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Mginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have whitelisted my discrete web server's IP address. However, the web server has been added to the ZEN Spamhaus blacklist, but emails from it are rejected anyway.

Is there a way to accept those emails despite the web server being in a blacklist I use? The point of whitelisting the web server was to ensure that those emails (sent from website contact forms) get through.

Thanks.

Craig

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail from whitelisted server rejected

Did you try to list it in postfix “mynetworks” ?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you try to list it in postfix “mynetworks” ?

That did the trick. I think I had misinterpreted or misunderstood "mynetworks" before, but adding the web server's IP address to /etc/postfix/main.cf and /opt/iredapd/settings.py and restarting both services did what I needed.

Thanks.

A follow-up question if you don't mind: Any suggestions on how I can allow a user on a specific IP address to use the server as a relay server without authentication? In other words, I want to allow a single user on IP address 1.2.3.4 to send unauthenticated email to any domain on the submission port (587). It seem clear to me that "mynetworks" is only allowing connections over port 25, and only for inbound email.

Thanks again.

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/allow.user.to … ation.html

Thanks. That looks like it should work for me.

Craig