Topic: Upgrade path

Something seems very weird.  Every upgrade tutorial tells you to upgrade to the latest version of iRedAPD, iRedAdmin, Roundcube... but when you're upgrade multiple releases, aren't you then creating a situation where you've got the latest of everything but with only a part of the changes in the database and config files?

The tutorial says you have to go a version at a time, but every version upgrade tutorial tells you to go to the latest of everything.  To me it does seem like you'll either get a lot of errors while getting through all the separate upgrades until you're finished... or the server will just create irreparable issues during the process.

I need to upgrade 8 versions now which will probably take me quite a few hours, but I would have preferred to just do one or 2 versions today, a couple the next day and so on until I'm at the latest.  Is that even an option?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade path

Dominique wrote:

Every upgrade tutorial tells you to upgrade to the latest version of iRedAPD, iRedAdmin, Roundcube...

It's "latest" when that iRedMail release was out.