Topic: dovecot auth: Error: LDAP: Connection lost to LDAP server, recon...
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6 OPENLDAP edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Easy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Linux 16.04.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
We've been getting an issue for some months, after a while, our mail clients ask for the password account and even after providing the password, it keeps on asking. It just works if I restart the Dovecot service.
Looking at the logs, there were some lines that draw my attention:
auth: Error: LDAP: Connection lost to LDAP server, reconnecting Nov 13 09:05:02 auth: Error: LDAP: Can't connect to server: OUR-LDAP-SERVER-HERE:389 Nov 13 09:05:03 auth: Error: LDAP: Can't connect to server: OUR-LDAP-SERVER-HERE:389
A search on Google lead me to something related to the LDAP server timeout, which could be short for our setup.
So, where can I increase the Dovect LDAP connection timout?
Thanks for any help.