Topic: Copying over old mail prior to a fresh install doesn't work
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I attempted to migrate a personal iRedMail 1.2.1 (MariaDB) installation's mailboxes on an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS VPS to a fresh Ubuntu 20.04 LTS VPS. My process was to "tar -cf /var/vmail/vmail1" on the old VPS and extract into the same directory on the new one, preserving vmail:vmail's ownership and the 0700 mode, then installing iRedMail 1.3.2 (MariaDB) on the new VPS via the scripts on the new server and manually re-making the mail accounts via iRedAdmin 1.2. However, upon logging into these accounts, all of the old emails are nowhere to be seen.
I attempted to use "doveadm force-resync -A INBOX" but this has had no effect.