1 (edited by mk2!fdsgF 2020-12-22 10:15:01)

Topic: iRedMail won't send emails to certain domains.

1.3.2 MARIADB edition
iRedMail Easy
Ubuntu 18.04 server
MySQL/MARIADB
Nginx
Just the iRedAdmin (not sure if it's pro)

So, I set up an iRedMail, Postfix SMTP, Dovecot IMAP, Nginx, MariaDB, Amavised-new, SpamAssassin, ClamAV, Roundcube, and iRedAPD Postfix policy server for greylisting (which I removed). All on Ubuntu 18.04 server.

Everything works fine when sending out through roundcube to domains such as gmail, etc -- though it detects it as spam (that's another issue), but it receives mail there fine as well as returns it fine.

The main problem is it will not deliver mail to other emails/domains of friends or receive it (friend@somedomain.com) from them. It returns the mail with the following error when sending out from cubemail to a friend@somedomain.com:

<friend@somedomain.com>: host mail.somedomain.com[ip.add.ress] said: 550-Verification
    failed for <test@mymailserver.com> 550-No Such User Here 550 Sender
    verify failed (in reply to RCPT TO command)

My friend receives the following error when trying to send me an email to the mailserver:

test@mymailserver.com
    No Such User Here

Reporting-MTA: dns; webhost.com
Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;test@mymailserver.com

mymailserver.com is the email I'm sending from to friend@somedomain.com and it doesn't go through, and vise versa, even though I know the email accounts exists. It also will not send to forwards he has that point to his friend@somedomain.com account.

/var/log/mail.log displays the same error and is of no help.

Here is how my machine and his machine are configured just for clarity.

mymailserver.com is hosted for its website on a different server than the mailserver I have set up. Its MX records point mail.mymailserver.com to the mailserver ip of mail.mymailserver.com. There are, however, no mx records on mymailserver.com server as it doesn't have domains pointing to it via DNS servers to handle it for hosting sites, etc. It is merely a mailserver setup.

somedomain.com is by itself at its webhosting company and has many forwarded aliases to the friend account/domain, which are reached through other emails, just not any from mymailserver.com, and he cannot send any to the account test@mymailserver.com.

All I'm trying to do is have my mail for a certain domain whose website is hosted on a different server, to handle its mail on mymailserver, thus leaving its web address alone, etc. I seem to be missing something that is not allowing other domains to recognize it, yet gmail has no problems.

What could be the problem here? Any help is appreciated.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail won't send emails to certain domains.

mk2!fdsgF wrote:

My friend receives the following error when trying to send me an email to the mailserver:

test@mymailserver.com
    No Such User Here

Does the server really have this address?

3 (edited by mk2!fdsgF 2020-12-22 13:53:04)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Does the server really have this address?

No, I changed it so it would hopefully be easier to understand. The current mailserver address is mail.aboveallracing.com, and the current test account is test at aboveallracing.com

**I was sort of brainstorming ideas and wondered if I installed bind or whatever name handler for ubuntu that would be supported. If it wouldn't be easier to swap the MX record, and have only the @ going to the webserver, etc. Though, I'm not sure that would make a difference as to why it's rejected from another mailserver.

Would the fact that both domains running off the same server for their webhosting (websites), and their A records have anything to do with it. Maybe a conflict of some kind?

Thanks.

mk2!fdsgF wrote:

test@mymailserver.com
    No Such User Here

I understand the "test@mymailserver.com" is a fake email address you used to replace the real one, my question is: does the real email address really exist on your iRedMail server?

The error message "No Such User Here" is not sent by Postfix on iRedMail server, it must be handled by some other MTA. I guess your hosting vendor has its own MTA.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mk2!fdsgF wrote:

test@mymailserver.com
    No Such User Here

I understand the "test@mymailserver.com" is a fake email address you used to replace the real one, my question is: does the real email address really exist on your iRedMail server?

The error message "No Such User Here" is not sent by Postfix on iRedMail server, it must be handled by some other MTA. I guess your hosting vendor has its own MTA.

Absolutely, I created the user through the webmail server and sent it to other emails with it, it won't go out to a handful of domains, especially the ones that are webhosted on the same server (a domain that has its website or A names going to a the same webhost). You can try to send to it yourself if you want to try, it might or might not go through. This is the main issue and I have yet to resolve it. I can receive emails from gmail to it and from mail.com. All the others I have give the same error or bounce.