Topic: Send-only account with incoming mail disabled

I successfully installed iRedMail 1.3.2 on an Ubuntu 20.04 LXD container with MySQL backend and use it for my 3 home domains including Letsencrypt certificates. Works like a charm, better than the external email hosting I used before.

Now I also have other servers (Nextcloud, etc), which I would like to send email from their own address (e.g. nextcloud@domain.com). So I made a separate mail user with password for that and configured it in Nextcloud as the SMTP server, that works. However, these are send-only email addresses, so incoming mail should preferably be rejected. Can I configure iRedMail to do that?

Thanks, Menno

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Send-only account with incoming mail disabled

Update the column "enablelda" and "enabledeliver" in SQL table "vmail.mailbox" to 0 (number zero) for this user, then all emails sent to this address will be rejected.

Thanks, that works, I tried before with only enabledeliver=0, but enabledlda=0 had to be used as well.

menno wrote:

Thanks, that works, I tried before with only enabledeliver=0, but enabledlda=0 had to be used as well.

Actually "enablelda" is the one used in recent iRedMail releases, "enabledeliver" is used in old iRedMail releases. It depends on Dovecot versions.