1 (edited by blinden 2011-02-19 04:05:28)

Topic: LDAP Funk

I had a previous LDAP issue that was solved by realizing I was having permission problems, this is a whole other animal.

Went for system reboot today due to a physical server move, server did not come back online cleanly

from mail log:

Feb 18 14:58:09 mail postfix/proxymap[1360]: warning: dict_ldap_connect: Unable to bind to server ldap://127.0.0.1:389 as cn=vmail,dc=XXXXXXXXX etc (Can't contact LDAP server)

so...

from openldap.log

Feb 18 14:50:45 mail slapd[4382]: bdb(dc=XXXXXXX,dc=net): PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
Feb 18 14:50:45 mail slapd[4382]: bdb_db_open: database "dc=XXXXXX,dc=net" cannot be opened, err -30974. Restore from backup!
Feb 18 14:50:45 mail slapd[4382]: bdb(dc=XXXXXXX,dc=net): txn_checkpoint interface requires an environment configured for the transaction subsystem
Feb 18 14:50:45 mail slapd[4382]: bdb_db_close: database "dc=XXXXXX,dc=net": txn_checkpoint failed: Invalid argument (22).
Feb 18 14:50:45 mail slapd[4382]: backend_startup_one (type=bdb, suffix="dc=XXXXXXX,dc=net"): bi_db_open failed! (-30974)
Feb 18 14:50:45 mail slapd[4382]: bdb_db_close: database "dc=XXXXXXX,dc=net": alock_close failed
Feb 18 14:50:45 mail slapd[4382]: slapd stopped.

Going to be a fun weekend!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: LDAP Funk

I think I might have an idea of what's going on.

I changed the main domain of this server over after I built it, as a result, I went through a ton of config files and changed the domain name on a lot of stuff from old.com to new.com I think this is causing the issue somewhere.

Re: LDAP Funk

Fixed!

saved the weekend!

So, I did probably a bad thing and started the server on a domain and then decided after I went live to change all instances of test.domain to actual.domain and I missed a few things obviously.  This one in particular was a bit tricky

to fix the issue I copied folder contents from /var/lib/ldap/test.domain to /var/lib/ldap/actual.domain and reset the permissions, lucky that worked.  Nobody will probably ever use this, but, I always like to resolve a problem in writing when I can so if it helps some lucky googler at some point, it was worth the few seconds to write.