Topic: Suggestions for the package

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10.8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi all!

Greetings from Venezuela. I have been very interested in the package and I am putting it to work within our company, even though at the moment we cannot afford the PRO version, an excellent job they have done for us. Congratulations.

Step to suggest certain things that I have noticed within the different packages that are installed, for my part I have installed version 1.3.2 but I have modified the files to install the latest versions of the packages available from github for iRedAdmin, Roundcube, Nginx, iRedAPD and others.

The installation has been made complete and functional, but I have noticed that in iRedAdmin the translation for Spanish is poor, I would like to help improve it.

In my case that I am from Venezuela, the timezone is wrong, since America / Caracas is set to -04: 30 and currently it is -04: 00, although I corrected this error, it does not accept it in the iRedAdmin panel, I do not understand why who does not accept it.

I also suggest creating the installers with your language, since this way you can reach more people/users, in which case I am available to help for this purpose, it would be to create the language files for the installed iRedMail and start translating the variables and the information, a more robust component would be created in my opinion.

Kind regards...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Suggestions for the package

alakentu wrote:

In my case that I am from Venezuela, the timezone is wrong, since America / Caracas is set to -04: 30 and currently it is -04: 00, although I corrected this error, it does not accept it in the iRedAdmin panel, I do not understand why who does not accept it.

Do you mean we should add a new region and time zone? Which one?

alakentu wrote:

I also suggest creating the installers with your language, since this way you can reach more people/users, in which case I am available to help for this purpose, it would be to create the language files for the installed iRedMail and start translating the variables and the information, a more robust component would be created in my opinion.

You can help translate the iRedAdmin(-Pro) language file:
https://docs.iredmail.org/translate.iredadmin.html

3 (edited by alakentu 2021-02-22 20:27:13)

Re: Suggestions for the package

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you mean we should add a new region and time zone? Which one?

Hi,

No, the timezone exists and also the region, it is America/Caracas, but it is set to GMT-04:30 and officially it is GMT-04:00, I made the same change in the iRedAdmin/libs/l10n.py file, but for some reason it doesn't take me the changes made.

Thank you very much for the response and the invitation to the translation team, I will stop by.

Kind regards.