Topic: Can I bulk import mail filters?

Is there a way I can import a bulk list of mail filters?

Even if the method is to manually write out the filter definitions and update a config file.    I have a whole bunch of filters in an old eMail program that I would prefer to be running on the server.   Be nice if I could cut and paste into a file then just add the lines to the iRedMail server.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can I bulk import mail filters?

You can run "doveadm user -f home <email>" to get user's mailbox path, and mail filters (sieve filters) are stored in file "sieve/dovecot.sieve" under mailbox path.

Note: this file could be a symbol link to another file under same directory, depends on which sieve client you use, e.g. Roundcube creates "roundcube.sieve", and SOGo creates another one.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can run "doveadm user -f home <email>" to get user's mailbox path, and mail filters (sieve filters) are stored in file "sieve/dovecot.sieve" under mailbox path.

Note: this file could be a symbol link to another file under same directory, depends on which sieve client you use, e.g. Roundcube creates "roundcube.sieve", and SOGo creates another one.

I thought SOGo stored sieve filters in the db in some weird format. Has that changed with recent versions?

I have a whole bunch of sieve filters that I have created over the years (before I used iRedMail and SOGo) that I would love to convert to be compatible with SOGo filters. Is there a sane way to do this short of typing them by hand in the web interface? I have never installed RoundCube.

Regards,
Tom

Sad that SOGo stores mail filters in SQL db, then dump to file system. You may have to use "sogo-tool" command to update the filter.