Topic: I don't receive emails from external servers

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version : latest
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello, thank you for your attention now.

I use iRedMail with relay to SES Amazon and until a few days it worked perfectly, but in a few days now (without me making any changes to the server) it stopped receiving emails. I can still send emails email normally, I get emails when sent from user to user inside the server. I just don't receive emails when coming from external servers (like gmail, outlook).

MX records are correct and configured, I did not change them and before I received normally. FQDN is configured, firewall OK (all necessary ports open, I even disabled the firewall to test).

I don't get any errors in the postfix, iredmail and dovecot log files. Simply no mistake. When I try to send from gmail to my server the message says to be sent and it just doesn't return any error in gmail.

my domain psicoeduca.com.br (host host.psicoeduca.com.br)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by gabriel.mazin.grm 2021-03-01 17:55:55)

Re: I don't receive emails from external servers

Update: I received the following message from gmail "The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [host.psicoeduca.com.br. 191.252.60.173 : timed out] ".

I checked the firewall ports and they are all cleared, when I try to telnet 25 from my computer to the server: "Could not open connection to host, on port 25: connection failed" - However, port 25 is open (my ISP only blocks outgoing connections)

It's quite obvious it's a network / firewall issue. Since others don't know your network environment, i'm afraid that you're on your own.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's quite obvious it's a network / firewall issue. Since others don't know your network environment, i'm afraid that you're on your own.

I think so, ZhangHuangbin.

I think my ISP blocked the incoming connection from port 25, before it worked and only the outgoing connection was blocked, so I initially dismissed this hypothesis.

I thank you in advance for the help and posted only because I had already exhausted the possibilities and I know that the support here is excellent. Until I fixed it on the main server, I had to move my email server to another company.