1 (edited by alakentu 2021-03-04 03:13:04)

Topic: Manage Global Addres Book

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10.8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi All.

I see that inside roundcube there is a Global Address Book, I need to make a user (can be postmater) can manage that address book and the groups in it.

I need to create groups or mailing lists and that user is the only one who can create, modify, delete in that global notebook and its groups. But all other users can see it and use it to send emails to contacts in those groups.

What should I do for this that I need? I see in the settings for that address book writing and other details are disabled. I need a user to be able to manage it without difficulty.

There is a plugin called "globaladdressbook" for roundcube, should I install this plugin or modifying the existing configuration can my problems be solved?

Thanks a lot.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Manage Global Addres Book

You can add a new, writeable LDAP address book in Roundcube config file. smile

3 (edited by alakentu 2021-03-04 19:41:33)

Re: Manage Global Addres Book

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can add a new, writeable LDAP address book in Roundcube config file. smile

Hi.

Thanks for your prompt response. I know I can add a new writable LDAP address book, but I don't know how to do it..!

I know I can look at the one that is already created, but I don't know how to add the user that will be its manager, this is what I mean. I want only one user to manage it but everyone else can use it to send emails to groups or contacts...