Topic: Migration: Username instead of email address
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in MySQL
- Web server Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
I'm moving a dozen or more domains from another system. We've been doing email since 1994, or earlier.
I personally have always preferred, and known, "any" username to be true 2 key authentication instead of email address or the first part of the email address. Why throw away 2 part authentication?
My question is, can this be done in iRedMail and how?
Thanks, my installation was virtually flawless and other than this one item, this is a damn fine project.