Topic: olcRootPW OpenLDAP cn=config entry missing admin password
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail Free
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: UBuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Im trying to use ldapmodify to add some new OLC directives to "cn=config" file of the
LDAP server, however im unable to do so with the credentials provided for "cn=Manager" , i get the error
modifying entry "cn=config,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
ldap_modify: Insufficient access (50)
When i try to use "cn=admin,dc=mydomain,dc=com" i cant make it work because i dont know the password for the admin account.
The problem is that iRedMail installs by its own without giving you this password. I have checked the "tips" file at the end of the installation and tried all the passwords there for LDAP but none of them belong to the dc=admin account , so...
What i need is the olcRootPW, where can i find it?
This is the same as the LDAP config administration password, where is it?
Im also unable to use ldapi external authentication, i get this error
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: gidNumber=1000+uidNumber=1000,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
SASL SSF: 0
adding new entry "cn=module,cn=config"
ldap_add: Insufficient access (50)
What Im trying to do is run the ldapadd/ldapmodify commands to setup a provider - consumer replication of the LDAP database :
ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f mod_syncprov.ldif
Im considering buying the software but not before we can work this out,