Topic: Help with client_limit (1000) reached
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v1.3.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? v4.7
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Firstly, I really appreciate all the hard work done by the iRedMail team. Awesome Mail Server. We used to use SME Server, but this is great. Migrating to this went quite well and so far so good. HOWEVER, I'm sure this has been solved a number of times, but I need help. I get the dreaded "client_limit (1000) reached, client connections are being dropped."
WE have around 150 active users at most. 250 user accounts. Some share accounts for team purposes.
In Dovecot I've set:
process_limit = 5000
client_limit = 2000 (I added this line here )
Some numbers may be overdoing it, but just wanted to see what would happen. I've restarted dovecot.
But still getting:
Mar 18 13:08:07 mail dovecot: master: Warning: service(stats): client_limit (1000) reached, client connections are being dropped
I tried to google search the answers for solutions but doesn't seem to work. Please help.