Topic: Trying to relay some mails via Transport Maps
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9.12
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have two iRedmail servers, one with mailboxes which is in a host company and its MX backup on Azure.
Currently, I am having some troubles to send emails to some clients because of the first host company.
I would like to use the one on Azure as a mailrelay only for some specific recipients, I saw it's possible to do that via Postfix transport maps as explained here.
Here is my issue :
When I enable the transport maps, I can relay some recipients through the server on Azure as expected but I cannot receive any emails anymore in my mailboxes.
The error received by the sender :
Diagnostic information for administrators: Generating server: mail.abcdef.be firstname.lastname@example.org Remote Server returned '554 5.1.1 < #5.1.1 X-Postfix; unknown user: "johndoe">'
My config files :
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/transport_maps_user.cf proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/transport_maps_domain.cf
abcdef.be local cnn.com relay:[mxbkp.abcdef.be]:587 * smtp
Could you please help me to know why I cannot receive emails anymore when my transport maps are configured ?
Thanks in advance