Topic: Graylist Host Not found
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?DL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? PRO
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
See questions below:
Intended policy rejection, please try again later
Sample error message in Postfix log file:
Jul 24 06:43:08 mx0 postfix/smtpd: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from sender.com[xx.xx.xx.xx]: 451 4.7.1 firstname.lastname@example.org: Recipient address rejected: Intentional policy rejection, please try again later; email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org proto=SMTP helo=
This error is caused by greylisting service, sender server will retry to deliver the same email, and your server will accept it after few retries.
1- "few retries" how many? and where do I set how many?
2- It soft reject messages with 4184.108.40.206 -- How do I set it to 550 rejection so the sender know and gets a message back on the spot that they have a mis-configured server?