Topic: postfix 3.6 on freebsd requires OpenSSL
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 12
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Ngnix
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
According to the maintainers of the ports for postfix, the port will not build because of a requirement for OpenSSL's API that is not supported in LibreSSL, which is what iRedMail is using.
They say that all versions after 3.6 will also require OpenSSL
Is there a plan to migrate from LibreSSL to OpenSSL? Or, other workaround to get postfix to build?
See the port info here: https://www.freshports.org/mail/postfix/
Affects: users of mail/postfix
Postfix 3.6 and higher requires minimum OpenSSL 1.1.1
FreeBSD 11 users using base OpenSSL can switch to