Topic: Postfix not processing CC field when mail sent from Python smtplib
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 8.2.2004 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
When i try to send an email using my python code that's using smtplib, email was sent successfully but CC header is ignored by postfix for some reason.
When i receive an email, i see the recipient in CC field and i can use "Reply All". But CC recipient hasn't received that email and Postfix logs do not show that email was sent to CC. If i use "Reply All", CC will then receive my reply.
This is the header that is being formed by Python.
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="===============0783044642835671299==" MIME-Version: 1.0 From: email@example.com To: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: email@example.com Subject: Bill --===============0783044642835671299== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Auto generated. Bill is: 1234 --===============0783044642835671299== Content-Type: application/octet-stream MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename= Racun.pdf JVBERi0xLjQKJeLjz9MKMyAwIG9iago8PC9JbnRlbnQvUGVyY2VwdHVhbC9EZWNvZGVQYXJtczw8 ...
Any ideas why would this be ignored? Much appreciated!