Topic: Upgrade from 0.9.9 AND ubuntu server 14
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 10.04.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Want to upgrade to a new server that will be running Ubuntu Server 20. The present iRedMail server is hosting 9 domains and approx. 350 users and using old versions of iRedMail and Ubuntu Server (14). I would like to do this with minimal interruptions and loss of email. I have read and reread the migration documentation. It is stated several times to try this on a test server first. So I have tried to setup a test server using ubuntu server 14 and then install iRedMail 0.9.9. The install fails because the files are no longer in the location on the remote server.
So now i'm thinking about setting up new test server with ubuntu 20 and latest iRedMail and then copying vmail folder and importing sql. The instructions say to update server to later iRedMail, but i'm unsure if ubuntu 14 can be upgraded to iRedMail 1.4?