Topic: What breaks if gnustep from epel is used with SOGo 5?
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloader
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I am working on upgrading a couple of old mail servers from SOGo 4 to SOGo 5 following https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.sogo.4.to.5.html. In the upgrade instructions I see the following:
"SOGo relies on the GNUstep packages provided by SOGo team, and must not use the packages from EPEL repo. Please open file /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo, make sure you have line like below:
I am wondering what using EPEL will actually break. I have a couple of other iRedMail servers running 1.3.2 with the epel version of gnustep installed and SOGo seems to be working as advertised.
In looking at the old 0.9.9 servers EPEL gnustep is already installed and is a higher version that what is provided by the SOGo repo.
Do I really need to downgrade gnustep?