Topic: Email addresses of alias accounts not working for all accounts.
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.0 OPENLDAP edition.
- Deployed with the downloadable installer.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10.10
- Store mail accounts in which backend: LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have a problem with account alias. I found the problem for one account (exactly mine). The situation does not repeat for another account.
I have one user: firstname.lastname@example.org with alias email@example.com. When im trying to send e-mail from Roundcube with from address firstname.lastname@example.org everythings are fine, when im trying to send e-mail from Roundcube with from address email@example.com I have information:
SMTP Error (554): Failed to add recipient "firstname.lastname@example.org" (5.7.1 <email@example.com>: Recipient address rejected: Sender is not same as SMTP authenticate username).
I know that sender address should be the same as authenticate username or alias of that user account.
I'v compared two accounts that behave differently and found nothing that might indicate the reason for this behavior.
Other functions seem to be working fine.
My LDAP server is not the LDAP server from iRedMail distribution.
Some log information in attached file.