Topic: Hostname changed iredmail still send from old name
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?download
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
The original hostname of the iredmail server was mlr.freesend.us. I changed the hostname to freesend.causeaction.com. After setting up DKIM DMARC SPF and MX records I tried sending just 1 email to my own Office 365 account. It was bounced by MSN because the from server was mlr.freesend.us and no longer matched any of the IP addresses. Nad I see thsi on the bounced email notification.
Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
From MAILER-DAEMON@mlr.freesend.us on 2021-07-07 13:32
Details Download all attachments
Delivery report(~729 B)
Undelivered Message(~2 KB)
This is the mail system at host mlr.freesend.us.
I thought that all email would be sent from freesend.causeaction.com now that the hostname is changed. The bounced email was sent from the firstname.lastname@example.org also. So why did this happen and what shall I do to fix it? Thank you