Topic: new user iRedAdmin-Pro questions

Hello
I've used postfix/spamassassin etc for a long time, and am in the process of setting up a test iRedAdmin-Pro  . It looks like a system that new administrators willbe able to manage easier then our old cli only setup.

I'm using Debian Squeeze , netinst in a proxmox-ve container.

Just finished migrating our passwd/shadow/group account to ldap on the new mail system.  so on to more..

My 1-st questions:
is it ok to edit on cli files like /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf ?  or are they supposed to just be changed using one of the web programs?

if I am supposed to just use a web program, is there a master config file that can be edited instead?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: new user iRedAdmin-Pro questions

robfantini wrote:

My 1-st questions:
is it ok to edit on cli files like /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf ?  or are they supposed to just be changed using one of the web programs?

iRedAdmin-Pro just manage data stored in OpenLDAP and MySQL.

3 (edited by robfantini 2011-03-04 21:38:05)

Re: new user iRedAdmin-Pro questions

i think the  '+' adds to what is there in the 1-st place. so the line may need to be changed depending on the existing perms.

anyways  'X   prevents  items like text file from being made executable, as long as it was not already  executable by the owner etc.