Topic: SOGo: No css/image on login screen, white page/refresh sometimes helps

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version: 1.4.0 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with downloadable installer.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello all,

I'm new in iRedMail and like to replace zimbra systems with it.
The system is running on a 4Core,8GB vServer. Only Nextcloud is also running on the same box. At the moment I only have two active mail users and one active nextcloud user.

In the morning I start a browser and enter the SOGo-Login page and see a page without any css/images (you can see it in the attached screenshot). Pressing F5 (refresh) a few times will bring the "right" content. After logging in, and switching to calendar or contacts or email I only get a blank page. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
After restarting the server (or sogo and nginx) the issue seems to be gone for a while.

It feels like a caching problem on the server side.

Can someone point me to the right direction how to eliminate this issue? Which logs can I use to find any helpful information's?

Michael the woodle

Post's attachments

2021-08-20 17_14_38.png 43.22 kb, 1 downloads since 2021-08-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo: No css/image on login screen, white page/refresh sometimes helps

It looks like a client-side caching issue. Empty/Purge your web browser cache then try again.

I looks like that, but I can exclude that. I already did a purge and try with many different browsers and machines (Windows 10, Edge, Chrome, Firefox), macOS (Safari, Chrome), iOS Chrome. All with the same result.
Sometimes it works, sometimes after multiple refresh sometimes not.

4 (edited by Fastidious 2021-08-25 19:22:12)

Run updates on that server. iRedmail uses SoGO nighties, and they often break things, but quickly fix them the next day (or even the same day).

Yes, I know and install the updates since 2 weeks every day - without any other solution.

woodle wrote:

Yes, I know and install the updates since 2 weeks every day - without any other solution.

Have you brought this up to SoGO support (https://www.sogo.nu/support.html)?

Not yet. I will give it chance.