Topic: postmaster user in iredadmin
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.0 PGSQL edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Hello Zhang, I'm back now. Hope you're well. It has been a while...
Being a long therm user (about 8 years of active usage, 100+ domains and 1000+ accounts) of community version of iredmail, I decided to purchase Pro version to support the project and also to get admin panel which is great for bigger deployments (domain admins, etc.)
I have the new server installed and basically configured.
Now I'm working to migrate my old server to the new one and I have to review all hacks/adjustments/scripts/hooks I have made during the last years to make my work easier and server running better.
So I decided to review all my code and try to give it back to the community and hopefully implement it int iredmail/iredmail-pro ic case, you Zhang, will like it.
Thats the intro... now lets start easy with small issue:
When I create domain with my scripts, i do the following:
- add domain to the internal domains group in cluebringer. But this seems to be not needed anymore as iredapd has no such settings? Cluebringer used this to skip some checks for internal domains (I had a lot of headache becouse of local domains missing in this group).
- automatically add accounts postmaster@ and abuse@ ... I point them to my global postmaster account. At least the postmaster@ seems to be required by RFC822, the abuse is a good habit to have. What is the best way to implement this? In iredadmin? It should alias the addresses to all global admins or we can add new configuration value for this? Maybe a flag in global admin profile "Receive official reports YES/NO"?
Thanks for your great work!
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.