Topic: ldap uidnumber

Hello
I am trying to set things up so that a mail user can log into our system and run cli programs.

I want to have just one place for a user name and password, and would like to use the  iRedmail  for that.

I noticed these in  /etc/ldap/schema/iredmail.schema

attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.32349.1.2.2.1 NAME 'mailUID'
    DESC 'UID of the user on the mailsystem'
    EQUALITY integerMatch
    SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27
    SINGLE-VALUE )
attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.32349.1.2.2.2 NAME 'mailGID'
    DESC 'GID of the user on the mailsystem'
    EQUALITY integerMatch
    SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27
    SINGLE-VALUE )

but I do not see where i can access on the iredPanel or phpLDAP .

Am I correct in thinking that  those  could be used as  uidnumber and gidnumber ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: ldap uidnumber

robfantini wrote:

Am I correct in thinking that  those  could be used as  uidnumber and gidnumber ?

mailUID and mailGID in iredmail.schema are not used yet, i guess what you need are uid and gid.

Try to login to phpLDAPadmin for advanced ldap management.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
robfantini wrote:

mailUID and mailGID in iredmail.schema are not used yet, i guess what you need are uid and gid.

Try to login to phpLDAPadmin for advanced ldap management.

I tried phpLDAPadmin  a few times....

I logged in as  cn=Manager ...

when I try to Create Object ,  New Posix Group   - I can enter a   Group, but it does not allow me to enter  GID Number.

I tried a fresh install of centos5 + iRedMail-0.7.0-beta2  and have the same issue -    cn=Manager can not add a group.  so tihs occurs using Squeeze or Centos5.   I tried centos in case  squeeze ldap changes were the cause of the issue.

attached is a screen shot.   I am unable to enter at GID Number.