Topic: Problem with upgrade of iRedAdmin (from 1.0 to 1.1)
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?: with downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (MariaDB)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache 2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No, with iRedAdmin opem source
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I'm trying to perform upgrade of my iRedMail server from version 1.3.1 to 1.3.2. Everything goes allright, until the step "Upgrade iRedAdmin (open source edition) to the latest stable release (1.1)".
I'm following the steps according to the documentation:
1. I have downloaded the package into "/root" folder.
2. I have renamed the package from "1.1.tar.gz" into "iRedAdmin-1.1.tar.gz".
3. I have unpacked this archive and now have the folder: "iRedAdmin-1.1.tar.gz".
4. I went into "tools" subdirectory and fired "upgrade_iredadmin.sh" script.
The script recognize my linux version correctly (Centos, so: RHEL). Also the path to my iRedAdmin is correct: "/var/www/iredadmin".
But then I see an error message: "<<< ERROR >>> Directory var/www/iredadmin is not a symbol link created by iRedMail. Exit " end the script exits.
Indeed - the "/var/www/iredadmin" is not a symbolic link, but just a folder.
I have tried to make this path a symbolic link, so I did:
- move "/var/www/iredadmin" to "/root/iRedAdmin-1.0"
- cd /root
- ln -s iRedAdmin-1.0 /var/www/iredadmin
So I have a symbolic link. Then - I can again go into the folder with newer version and fire the script (/root/iRedAdmin-1.1/tools/upgrade_iredadmin.sh). This time the script runs without problems and I get the message that upgrade is OK.
But is not. When trying to go into: my-domain/iredadmin, I get Error 500.
After the script is finished, in my /var/www folder I have:
- my symbolic link "iredadmin" that I had done before,
- new folder: iRedAdmin-1.1
However, neither my old path (my-domain/iredadmin) nor the new one (my-domain/iRedAdmin-1.1) does work. I have tried to:
- remove the link,
- rename the new directory from "/var/www/iRedAdmin-1.1" into "/var/www/iredadmin"
- set the owner of this directory and all files in it, from "root:root" to "iredadmin:iredadmin"
but without success. When I type "my-domain/iredadmin" I still get: The Error 500.
I would appreciate any help with this issue.