Topic: Problem with upgrade of iRedAdmin (from 1.0 to 1.1)

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?: with downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (MariaDB)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache 2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No, with iRedAdmin opem source
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello!

I'm trying to perform upgrade of my iRedMail server from version 1.3.1 to 1.3.2. Everything goes allright, until the step "Upgrade iRedAdmin (open source edition) to the latest stable release (1.1)".

I'm following the steps according to the documentation:
1. I have downloaded the package into "/root" folder.
2. I have renamed the package from "1.1.tar.gz" into "iRedAdmin-1.1.tar.gz".
3. I have unpacked this archive and now have the folder: "iRedAdmin-1.1.tar.gz".
4. I went into "tools" subdirectory and fired "upgrade_iredadmin.sh" script.

The script recognize my linux version correctly (Centos, so: RHEL). Also the path to my iRedAdmin is correct: "/var/www/iredadmin".

But then I see an error message: "<<< ERROR >>> Directory var/www/iredadmin is not a symbol link created by iRedMail. Exit " end the script exits.

Indeed - the "/var/www/iredadmin" is not a symbolic link, but just a folder.

I have tried to make this path a symbolic link, so I did:
- move "/var/www/iredadmin" to "/root/iRedAdmin-1.0"
- cd /root
- ln -s iRedAdmin-1.0 /var/www/iredadmin

So I have a symbolic link. Then - I can again go into the folder with newer version and fire the script (/root/iRedAdmin-1.1/tools/upgrade_iredadmin.sh). This time the script runs without problems and I get the message that upgrade is OK.

But is not. When trying to go into: my-domain/iredadmin, I get Error 500.

After the script is finished, in my /var/www folder I have:
- my symbolic link "iredadmin" that I had done before,
- new folder: iRedAdmin-1.1

However, neither my old path (my-domain/iredadmin) nor the new one (my-domain/iRedAdmin-1.1) does work. I have tried to:
- remove the link,
- rename the new directory from "/var/www/iRedAdmin-1.1" into "/var/www/iredadmin"
- set the owner of this directory and all files in it, from "root:root" to "iredadmin:iredadmin"

but without success. When I type "my-domain/iredadmin" I still get: The Error 500.

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Best regards,
Jake.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problem with upgrade of iRedAdmin (from 1.0 to 1.1)

jsanecki wrote:

but without success. When I type "my-domain/iredadmin" I still get: The Error 500.

Any related error in /var/log/message when you trigger this error?

Re: Problem with upgrade of iRedAdmin (from 1.0 to 1.1)

Hello,
Thank you very much for the response!
(I'm sorry for the delay in my response. It's because it is a "live" server and I cannot turn if while usual working hours, but only in the night or weekend...).

My server is working on Centos 7. I don't have the file: "/var/log/message" on it.
But I have: "/var/log/messages".

When I list the content of this file (vi /var/log/messages), the last few lines (with date and time right after I have done everything I described above) are as follows:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep 19 22:37:48 mail systemd: Starting iRedAdmin daemon service...
Sep 19 22:37:48 mail systemd: Started iRedAdmin daemon service.
Sep 19 22:37:48 mail uwsgi: [uWSGI] getting INI configuration from /var/www/iredadmin/rc_scripts/uwsgi/rhel7.ini
Sep 19 22:38:01 mail systemd: Started Session 9888 of user root.
Sep 19 22:39:01 mail systemd: Started Session 9889 of user root.
Sep 19 22:40:01 mail systemd: Started Session 9890 of user root.
Sep 19 22:41:01 mail systemd: Started Session 9891 of user root.
Sep 19 22:42:01 mail systemd: Started Session 9892 of user root.
Sep 19 22:43:01 mail systemd: Started Session 9893 of user root.
Sep 19 22:44:01 mail systemd: Started Session 9894 of user root.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the browser I get: "Internal Server Error"

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Best regards,
Jake.