Topic: Did a clean install on Debian 11, SoGo database issues.

Ok so I did a clean install of IredMail 1.4.2 on Debian 11 Bullseye, I also installed Pro which I am subscribed to so yes, I manage mail accounts with Pro. I am using Nginx and the Postgresql database.

For whatever reason, the installer will not install SoGo on Debian 11 since it installs nightly versions from SoGo's own repos that are not yet available for Debian 11. SoGo IS available on Debian 11 in Debian's own repos and it's stable so you aren't installing snapshots every day as is the current practice when choosing it during install. I installed it after the fact but I have no SoGo database to connect to because the installer thought I cannot have SoGo anyway so it skipped the database. I make my /var/vmail a separate partition and do not format it when installing fresh so I have the bzipped postgresql file for SoGo but there is no easy method to import it and create the database. Everything I have seen so far is half baked and emphasizes the backup scripts but next to nothing about what can be done with those backup files. 

Ok so I have a good SoGo installation with no database to connect to. It should only require a simple command to a template. Where is it please?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Did a clean install on Debian 11, SoGo database issues.

Davesworld wrote:

Ok so I have a good SoGo installation with no database to connect to. It should only require a simple command to a template. Where is it please?

You need to create a database for SOGo manually, then update /etc/sogo/sogo.conf with the correct SQL server address/port and SQL user/password, after restarting SOGo service, SOGo will try to create the SQL tables itself.