Topic: SoGo&ActiveSync damage attachments in 7bit e-mail
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.2 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: latest CentOS 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
we have a following problem:
- some of the recived e-mails with attachments has damaged attachments when accessing mailbox through Exchange ActiveSync protocol. It occurs in different versions of Outtlook same as from different mobile phones.
- web mail access is OK, IMAP access is OK.
When I want to repeat problem I take for example some PDF file, in ThunderBird e-mail client I sent it to me in e-mail with only e-mail address of reciever and simple subject "test" without any text. Recieved e-mail has following header(only important part):
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/78.14.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-2; format=flowed
When accessing my mailbox in ThunderBird, PDF file has size 3,8MB and is OK. When I am accessing my mailbox in Outlook, PDF file has size 5MB and is KO ... file is empty
Error occured after update our Redmail server during weekend 2ng and 3rd of october
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team.