1

Topic: Error deleting mailing list (and then Error re-creating it as mailbox)

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10.11
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

- I got a request to turn a mailing list into a mailbox
- I deleted the mailing list
-> ERROR Message: Error: ProgrammingError('permission denied for table maillist_owners\n')
- but the mailing list was no longer listed, seemed all fine despite the error message
- then trying to create a mailbox with the same name:
-> ERROR Message: Account already exists. Please choose a different one.

- research showed owner of table maillist_owners was postgres instead of vmailadmin like all the other tables in database "vmail"
-> owner changed to vmailadmin
- restarted all services
- trying to create the user: user already exists
- restarted server
- trying to create the user: user already exists
- trying to at least recreate the mailing list: already exists

Can you help us?

Thanks,
Francis.

2

Re: Error deleting mailing list (and then Error re-creating it as mailbox)

delete it first after change of ownership, if that does not work, hard delete it with root account from database

3

Re: Error deleting mailing list (and then Error re-creating it as mailbox)

Problem:
- I deleted the mailing list xyz@domain.com
-> it gave an error (see original post), but the mailing list had disappeared
-> it gave another error trying to create a mailbox by the same name
-> it gave an error trying to go back to the previous state by recreating the deleted mailing list xyz@domain.com


- Solution:
-> I had already determined that one table had a different owner than the others and had changed it to match the owner of the others, but that didn't fix the problem
-> I dug around the tables looking for tables that still contained entries of the deleted "xyz@domain.com"
-> i found there was an entry in database vmail -> table "forwardings" containing xyz@domain.com in two fields. Since I didnt find any other occurences of the problematic email address in other tables, this one had to be the problem
-> I deleted that entry
-> logged in the admin center, tried "Add new mailbox" -> xyz@domain.com -> it worked!

Problem solved. Feel free to close.