1 (edited by gellenburg 2021-12-10 10:06:43)

Topic: Incoming emails are "Blacklisted" when there's no blacklist entry

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.2 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10.11
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Incoming mail from certain domains are not being delivered.

The Rejected Messages entries show SMTP sessions for senders and the Rejection Reason is "Blacklisted".

There are no Blacklists/ Whitelists configured for the domain.

Only the Global / System "Whitelist & Blacklist" policy is used.

In the System Blacklist there are two entires: @bellsouth.com, and @me.com.

Mail from a sender using Gmail (xxx@gmail.com) is being rejected.

Post's attachments

24A0PNL46k.png 301.41 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

crGzL1AuJU.png 325.77 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

ReOdDy2szy.png 286.52 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Incoming emails are "Blacklisted" when there's no blacklist entry

- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.

Noone will be able to help you without any related logs.

xxx@gmail.com could be a forged sender, or xxx@gmail.com uses a smtp relay which is aswell possible

xxx@gmail.com is not a forged sender, and it's also not the only example. I literally watched my friend send me an email from her ipad while logged-in to gmail and it bounced.

4 (edited by Cthulhu 2021-12-10 11:59:26)

This is still not a logfile, i need a related logfile WHY it got rejected, not an image

edit:

one screenshot shows, there are 3 blacklisted domains, but it only lists 2, so it seems it is an wildcard blacklist that does not show, try editing it in the database

Please check /var/log/iredapd/iredapd.log to get verbose log and figure out why it was blacklisted.

There're 3 levels of blacklisting: per-user setting (highest priority), per-domain setting, and global setting (lowest priority). Please check the white/blacklists in user profile page, domain profile page, and global setting page.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please check /var/log/iredapd/iredapd.log to get verbose log and figure out why it was blacklisted.

There're 3 levels of blacklisting: per-user setting (highest priority), per-domain setting, and global setting (lowest priority). Please check the white/blacklists in user profile page, domain profile page, and global setting page.

Thank you Zhang. That was it. For some strange reason @.gmail.com got added to my user blacklist. Which is very strange because I don't remember doing that.

But that solved my problem.