Topic: iRedMail Pro quarantine of transport domains

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 2021091301
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Easy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
I am deploying iRedMail for a customer (purchased Easy and Pro this week).  They have some offsite offices that use other email servers.  In the past, they have used MailScanner and MailWatch as their anti-spam server/quarantine portal.  The mail accounts are not held on their mail server, but are scanned and then "passed on" to the other office.  However, they keep the quarantine on their single MailScanner/MailWatch server.  Can iRedMail Pro do this?  For example this scenario:

mail for domain1.com is local iRedMail user accounts
mail for domain2.com is for external company accounts

postfix is setup so that the server accepts mail for both domain1.com and domain2.com.  The mail is scanned for viruses, spam, marked with a [Spam] subject if appropriate, and then either delivered to the domain1.com accounts on the iRedMail server or passed on to the second server.  However, all of the quarantine is held at the domain1.com server.

Does iRedMail Pro have the ability to hold quarantine for mail that is not in the local mail store?

Thanks

Danita

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail Pro quarantine of transport domains

I'm confused. Amavisd should quarantine all spams locally, no matter it was sent or received.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I'm confused. Amavisd should quarantine all spams locally, no matter it was sent or received.

Even if it's just "passing through"?  I.e., it will not be delivered to the local server?  We will be checking for spam on our iRedMail server, but delivering it to a different mail system elsewhere?

Thanks

Danita

Hi Danita,

Did you configure Amavisd to quarantine spams? Or just detect by pass to mailbox (default setting in iRedMail)?

You can login to iRedAdmin-Pro, then check quarantine settings in:

- Global spam policy: "Settings -> Global Spam Policy"
- Per-domain: go to domain profile page, click tab "Spam Policy"
- Per-user: go to user profile page, click tab "Spam Policy"