Topic: Unable to connect MySQL roundcube

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

log from /var/log/maillog:
Jan  3 12:46:30 mail roundcube: <l49ko859> DB Error: [1286] Unknown table engine 'InnoDB' (SQL Query: SELECT `vars`, `ip`, `changed`, now() AS ts FROM `session` WHERE `sess_id` = 'l49ko859erguakd853mbikpcf4') in /var/www/roundcubemail-1.1.1/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 543 (GET /mail/)

Jan  3 12:46:30 mail roundcube: <l49ko859> DB Error: [1286] Unknown table engine 'InnoDB' (GET /mail/)

Jan  3 12:46:30 mail roundcube: <l49ko859> DB Error: [1286] Unknown table engine 'InnoDB' (SQL Query: SELECT * FROM `identities` WHERE `del` <> 1 AND `user_id` = NULL ORDER BY `standard` DESC, `name` ASC, `email` ASC, `identity_id` ASC) in /var/www/roundcubemail-1.1.1/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 543 (GET /mail/)

Jan  3 12:46:30 mail roundcube: <l49ko859> DB Error: [1286] Unknown table engine 'InnoDB' (SQL Query: INSERT INTO `session` (`sess_id`, `vars`, `ip`, `created`, `changed`) VALUES ('l49ko859erguakd853mbikpcf4', 'dGVtcHxiOjE7bGFuZ3VhZ2V8czo1OiJlc19FUyI7dGFza3xzOjU6ImxvZ2luIjs=', '192.168.101.80', now(), now())) in /var/www/roundcubemail-1.1.1/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 543 (GET /mail/)

Hi there, I was running antivirus ClamAV when there was a blackout so when the server started again, i was unable to get in Roundcube, this show me DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!.

the log show me the error mentioned above.

some suggestion to solve this issue?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unable to connect MySQL roundcube

CentOS 6 is not supported anymore, and it seems your database server does not support InnoDB.
did you do any updates/upgrades?

Cthulhu wrote:

CentOS 6 is not supported anymore, and it seems your database server does not support InnoDB.
did you do any updates/upgrades?

No, in fact the server was working perfectly

I'd make a backup of the roundcubemail database and restore the backup that was created during the night (you can find out by running 'crontab -l' and if you see something like this:
# iRedMail: Backup MySQL databases on 03:30 AM
30   3   *   *   *   /bin/bash /var/vmail/backup/backup_mysql.sh
You should at least have a backup then - it could have been compressed though).

Finding the commands is not too hard, for example: https://www.sqlshack.com/how-to-backup- … p-command/

As CentOS 6 is very old and not supported anymore, replacing the server with something recent is recommended due to security risk of running old software.