1 (edited by dgreer 2022-01-18 23:31:31)

Topic: iRedAdmin-Pro - Feature requests

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.5.1 - Pro 5.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: RHEL 8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Wasn't sure where to post feature requests, so if this is the wrong spot please let me know.

1.  As a global admin, could we have a feature for adding notes/comments/etc to domains?  Something that could be viewed from the domain details as well as under "Domains and Accounts".  We have about 1200 domains we support and having a way to add some notes for a domain would be great.
2.  As a global admin, being able to add a customizable section on the dashboard would be super helpful.  Just a way to add our own custom fields.  Something like this perhaps:
https://i.imgur.com/HAglTeO.png
3.  The ability to show/hide domain admins under the "Admins" tab when looking at a specific domain.  Right now, domain_admin@example.com can see that domain_admin@example2.com's mail address and quota.  This is not desirable when we have self-service enabled for a domain.
4.  The ability to change how many records are being shown on Domains and Accounts and Users is capped at 50.  The ability to show more/less would be super helpful.
5.  The ability to filter domain names via a search field on the Domains and Accounts tab.  As mentioned before, we have 1200+ domains to drill through; so having a filter field to narrow the list down would be awesome!  We use the "starts with" A through Z links via the top, but even that still requires us to flip through several pages under "S" for example.
6.  We love the details under the Quota column on Domains and Accounts.  Would it be possible to adjust the Used/Allocated graphs a bit?  Perhaps different colors for each status bar? Perhaps slightly different spacing?  We know there is limited space to work in and understand options are limited.
7.  This might have been asked before, but could we get a "Dark Theme" for the web interface for iRedAdmin?
8.  Can track emails that were forwarded to another email address.  Meaning, any email that comes in, there is a record in the database showing it was forwarded to another account.  We have a lot of users on several of our domains that simply forward to another email and we can't see if the account is being used or not since the accounts don't leave a copy of the email on the server.

We love iRedAdmin-Pro!  Great product! big_smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedAdmin-Pro - Feature requests

Dear @dgreer,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

As a developer, one of the problems i face is no enough feedback from customers, hence no clear idea what we should improve. Your post is really helpful and will help improve the iRedAdmin-Pro in the future. big_smile

dgreer wrote:

1.  As a global admin, could we have a feature for adding notes/comments/etc to domains?  Something that could be viewed from the domain details as well as under "Domains and Accounts".  We have about 1200 domains we support and having a way to add some notes for a domain would be great.

With SQL backend, we use "domain.description" column to store short domain description, also note / comment. Seems it's not good in this case?

What kind of note / comment do you want to store? Is it short or long?

dgreer wrote:

2.  As a global admin, being able to add a customizable section on the dashboard would be super helpful.  Just a way to add our own custom fields.  Something like this perhaps:

We can display them in iRedAdmin-Pro Dashboard directly and not a customizable section. The problem is what kind of info do you want to display on Dashboard?

dgreer wrote:

3.  The ability to show/hide domain admins under the "Admins" tab when looking at a specific domain.  Right now, domain_admin@example.com can see that domain_admin@example2.com's mail address and quota.  This is not desirable when we have self-service enabled for a domain.

But domain_admin@ is an admin account, it should have privilege to view all other users' info, including other domain admins since these admins are users too.

What kind of "hide" are we talking about? The domain admin can not see other admins?

dgreer wrote:

4.  The ability to change how many records are being shown on Domains and Accounts and Users is capped at 50.  The ability to show more/less would be super helpful.

There's a custom setting you can put in /opt/www/iredadmin/settings.py (Defaults to 50, set it to a preferred (integer) value and restart "iredadmin" service:

PAGE_SIZE_LIMIT = 50

A better solution might be adding a button at the bottom of page to "Load more" and display at the bottom directly. I will give it a try in future release.

dgreer wrote:

5.  The ability to filter domain names via a search field on the Domains and Accounts tab.  As mentioned before, we have 1200+ domains to drill through; so having a filter field to narrow the list down would be awesome!  We use the "starts with" A through Z links via the top, but even that still requires us to flip through several pages under "S" for example.

I will try to improve this.
Another solution is, input the domain name in the search box on top-right corner, then press Enter to search this domain.

dgreer wrote:

6.  We love the details under the Quota column on Domains and Accounts.  Would it be possible to adjust the Used/Allocated graphs a bit?  Perhaps different colors for each status bar? Perhaps slightly different spacing?  We know there is limited space to work in and understand options are limited.

Requested changes are not very clear to me. sad

dgreer wrote:

7.  This might have been asked before, but could we get a "Dark Theme" for the web interface for iRedAdmin?

No plan for this shortly, except we change the whole theme (it's out of date now, and time to fresh it).

dgreer wrote:

8.  Can track emails that were forwarded to another email address.  Meaning, any email that comes in, there is a record in the database showing it was forwarded to another account.  We have a lot of users on several of our domains that simply forward to another email and we can't see if the account is being used or not since the accounts don't leave a copy of the email on the server.

This requires a lot work, including extract info from Postfix log file. No plan for this shortly, but we do plan to develop a tool to dig into the log files, it may not start in 2022, but we have plan. smile

1.  Is the domain.description a field available in the iRedAdmin-Pro web interface?  The only kinda extra field I see is "Company/Organization Name".  Maybe I am overlooking it in the web interface? 

The type of comment would be something similar to "This is a email forward-only domain." or "This domain's is disabled because they are moving." or "Don't remove domain until March."  Very brief notes, limited to say 50 or less characters?  Whatever would allow it to still display on the "All domains under your control" page.

2. Very similar to the image I posted.  It lists the "Standards" we have set forth for our email domains.  Such as, our standard dictates that all new domains get a maximum of 20 users and 25GB of storage.  Think of them as reminders for my engineers to abide by when creating accounts for our users.  They are not necessarily dynamic parameters such as number of domains or number of users, but static fields we can modify via the web interface.

We all love the dashboard and information it provides.  Extremely helpful!

3. "But domain_admin@ is an admin account, it should have privilege to view all other users' info, including other domain admins since these admins are users too."  I agree 100%, however, my team and I may have a unique use case.  If we create example.com and we assign its domain_admin to bob@example.com, we don't want another domain_admin, sam@different_example.com being able to see what bob@example.com is doing.  For a global_admin they should see everything a domain_admin is doing but for a domain_admin, we would like an option to ONLY allow them to see other domain_admins assigned to their specific domains.

Similar to the check boxes you have already for domain_admin:

Disallow to view log of inbound/outbound mails
   Disallow to manage quarantined mails
   Allow this admin to mark other mail user as domain admin
   Allow this admin to create new mail domains with up to

Could there be an option such as "Disallow to view domain_admin information assigned to other domains"

4. Thank you!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Also agree that having a "Load more" type of button would be useful.

5.  We use the search feature all the time.  Works well.  I think what my co-worker was asking for, specifically, is a way to filter the domains without refreshing the page.

For lack of a better explanation/example, please look at this: https://www.datatables.net/  On that page you can use the "Search:" field to filter the content in the table in real time.

6.  Sorry for the confusion. big_smile  When working on monitors with very high resolution, the graphs that display utilization of storage and accounts are difficult to read.  Yes, we can absolutely zoom in with our web browsers but my team lives in iRedMail-Pro all day long.  If the graphs were slightly larger, spaced differently, minor color variation, etc., as to be easier to read on large resolutions we could be more productive.  Not a complaint at all, simply a quality of life request. big_smile

7.  Sounds good!

8.  Awesome!  Keep us posted. big_smile

1: Try to write the brief info in "Company/Organization Name".
2: First 2 items seem ok to all sysadmins, but the rest 2 depend on your company / hosting policy, seem not necessary or good for other companies / sysadmins.
3: Technically yes we can add this option, but it seems a little "insecure" to me. If the domain admin account was hacked, no other domain admins can find his/her strange behavours or activities? Do you want to not list this admin on the "Admins" page (but still available on user list - since the admin is a mailbox user too)?
5: will try to implement this in future release.
6: Frankly, i don't use a very large monitor, so didn't realize the difference and worse display of the quota info. Will try to figure it out in future release, but no promise here since i don't have a monitor to test.