Topic: Record outgoing message ID possible?
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.5-1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? No idea
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? v2.4.0
Not really an iRedmail issue, but maybe someone here can help me out.
One of our clients with the above iRedmail platform has a need to be able to look up outgoing email header information (sender, receipient, timestamp) by message ID.
The postfix log has something like
/var/log/maillog:Mar 7 15:33:59 mail2 postfix/smtp: F2F7730E9097: to=<email@example.com>, delay=0.48, delays=0.05/0.01/0.17/0.25, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK queued as 5846ab14-6a7b-498c-b482-402666fc20b1)
for outgoing email, and I need to be able to lookup using the ID "5846ab14-6a7b-498c-b482-402666fc20b1" which it the only information we get back from an external processing service.
Is this stored somewhere in iRedMail? Or can postfix be told to store it somehere? I don't want to have to grep the mail logs if I can avoid it.
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team.