Topic: iRedAdmin-PRO LDAP 5.1: Cross domain aliases.
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.5.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?: installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Bullseye
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Hi! The org I work for has recently (last week on friday) acquired a license for iRedAdmin-PRO. We're migrating our old Zimbra installation to iRedAdmin-PRO.
We have a lot of cross domain alias addresses (which also allow login), where a real account has addresses in multiple domains. Unfortunately there is no straightforward way via the UI to manage this.
From what I can see it looks like the LDAP queries would just work as well with aliases that cross domain boundaries.
Can you enable setting alias address across domain boundaries in a future version? For our install I'll simply disable the checks that would hinder this, but it's preferable for me to not have to maintain a patchset in the future.
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team.