Topic: Odd behavior after renewing LetsEncrypt certs using iPhone email
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
v 1.31 w LDAP
Server works fine; not anxious to upgrade since I'm not 'missing' any features that I need.
I'm using a LetsEncrypt SSL cert on my site and it works. My auto renew doesn't seem work for the SSL.
My process is to stop the service Nginx; run certbot renew and restart nginx.
The new certificate shows up and all is well.
On the day AFTER the certificate *would* have expired, the iPhone won't access the mail server. Somehow, it still thinks the 'old' certificate is in use and expired (SOGo shows the cert is up to date and webmail works fine).
If I reboot the server, the iphone will accept email from that point forward.
Is this a solvable problem? Restarting the server is fine, but it doesn't seem as though it should be required.
Thanks for your thoughts.
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.