Topic: Internal error when getting email
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
May 12 08:41:08 mail postfix/pipe: 4KzbQT2lyJz3xmP: to=<firstname.lastname@example.org>, relay=dovecot, delay=467, delays=467/0.16/0/0.12, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure)
May 12 08:41:08 mail postfix/pipe: 4KzbTW2f0Cz3xmT: to=<email@example.com>, relay=dovecot, delay=309, delays=309/0.16/0/0.14, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure)
May 12 08:41:08 mail postfix/pipe: 4KzZlG2bRSz3xm7: to=<firstname.lastname@example.org>, relay=dovecot, delay=2298, delays=2298/0.16/0/0.16, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure)
Let me explain my situation:
I tried to setup mail at AWS on an EC2 instance, but could not send mail due to a blocked port 25. After much hair-pulling, I decided to go back to my original server by updating the MX records at the registrar. Now, I get the mentioned error when setting up mail in Thunderbird and accessing it through roundcube. What do you think?
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team.