1 (edited by richardw 2022-05-13 01:43:13)

Topic: Internal error when getting email

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.5.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? DI
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu Focal/Jammy 2 servers - same issue
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
From syslog:

May 12 08:41:08 mail postfix/pipe[4268]: 4KzbQT2lyJz3xmP: to=<richard@gwadilo.com>, relay=dovecot, delay=467, delays=467/0.16/0/0.12, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure)
May 12 08:41:08 mail postfix/pipe[4260]: 4KzbTW2f0Cz3xmT: to=<richard@whitneys.co>, relay=dovecot, delay=309, delays=309/0.16/0/0.14, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure)
May 12 08:41:08 mail postfix/pipe[4238]: 4KzZlG2bRSz3xm7: to=<richard@whitneys.co>, relay=dovecot, delay=2298, delays=2298/0.16/0/0.16, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure)

Let me explain my situation:
I tried to setup mail at AWS on an EC2 instance, but could not send mail due to a blocked port 25.  After much hair-pulling, I decided to go back to my original server by updating the MX records at the registrar.  Now, I get the mentioned error when setting up mail in Thunderbird and accessing it through roundcube.  What do you think?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Internal error when getting email

Here is the message when trying to reach my inbox on Thunderbird:

The current operation on inbox did not succeed. The mail server for account richard@whitneys.co responded [SERVERBUG] internal error occurred.  Refer to server log

on the Jammy (Ubuntu 22.04) server I just spun up, I am getting:

May 12 17:58:27 mail roundcube: PHP Deprecated:  Return type of zipdownload_mbox_filter::filter($in, $out, &$consumed, $closing) should either be compatible with php_user_filter::filter($in, $out, &$consumed, bool $closing): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.5.2/plugins/zipdownload/zipdownload.php on line 405

ownership issue on /var/vmail - was 1000:1000 - changes all to vmail:vmail - all good