Topic: Forum Search questions and issues

How I can search for 'ubuntu and 22.04' and receive results that only include those 2 search terms?

With advanced search and search terms 'ubuntu and 22.04' I receive 237 pages of results. (Note: I am not including the single quotes in my search terms.) I have tried many variations of these search terms as follows:

ubuntu and 22\.04
ubuntu and "22.04"
"ubuntu and 22.04"
ubuntu and 22.04 and not 20.04
etc .

In most cases the search finds 237 pages of results, however only the first few posts include 22.04 and the remaining results do not. I confirmed this by individually searching the posts with <ctrl-f> in my browser. I should not be receiving these results without 22.04 as far as I can tell, since I am searching with keyword 'and' keyword.  When I search for 'ubuntu and jammy' I receive just a few results as is expected since Ubuntu 22.04 was just released in April.  Seems that searching with numeric terms works differently but I do not know how they should be submitted. But of course this is just my theory.

This is my first time using this forum so I unsure of what to expect.

Other issues:
Using latest Firefox on both Ubuntu and Win10, I receive a blank page after submitting a search. Here is the resultant url: https://forum.iredmail.org/search970366161.html

Using Vivaldi browser, I receive intermittent failures after submitting a search.
I receive a page with this text:
This page isn’t working
forum.iredmail.org is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
<Reload> button.

After clicking <Reload> several times I finally get the results page to load. The number of reload retries is never the same.

Any insights about these issues is appreciated.

Thanks you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Forum Search questions and issues

Google is doing better in searching.
Search this in Google, both ubuntu and 22.04 must exist in search result:

"ubuntu" "22.04"

Re: Forum Search questions and issues

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Google is doing better in searching.
Search this in Google, both ubuntu and 22.04 must exist in search result:

"ubuntu" "22.04"

Thanks for the idea.