Topic: Upgrade Questions

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  1.3.2 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Debian  10 - Linux version 4.19.0-20-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-6)) #1 SMP Debian 4.19.235-1 (2022-03-17)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi everyone,

I have a question about upgrades. We have purchased iRedAdmin-Pro and have been updating that when we see the message indicating that there is a new version, we are currently at 1.5.2.

The question is about iRedMail -
How on this earth do you update that?
Do need to update that when I upgrade iRedAdmin-Pro or is there a separate process?
If there is a separate process can I get a link that show the steps. I see that I can use git to download a tagged version.
Do I need to go down the rabbit hole getting each version from git and then doing something?

Also in github I saw that SOGO is being disabled. Does that mean active sync will not work at the latest revision?

Scotty

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade Questions

Upgrade notes - with all the necessary steps for each upgrade - can be found here:

https://docs.iredmail.org/iredmail.releases.html

Greets

Re: Upgrade Questions

ScottyGolden wrote:

Also in github I saw that SOGO is being disabled. Does that mean active sync will not work at the latest revision?

SOGo is disabled (temporarily) on Ubuntu 22.04 ONLY because SOGo team doesn't offer binary packages for 22.04 yet.