Topic: Squirrel Mail

Is it possible to use Squirrel Mail with iRedMail and not roundcube?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Squirrel Mail

Sure, you can take whatever you want

As @Cthulhu mentioned, you're free to use whatever webmail which supports IMAP protocol.
The problem is, SquireMail is dead for years, why use it? Needless to say its ugly web UI.

Roundcube might be the best free + open source webmail nowadays, actively maintained, beautiful + fast web UI, plugins, etc.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

As @Cthulhu mentioned, you're free to use whatever webmail which supports IMAP protocol.
The problem is, SquireMail is dead for years, why use it? Needless to say its ugly web UI.

Roundcube might be the best free + open source webmail nowadays, actively maintained, beautiful + fast web UI, plugins, etc.

I'm interested in Squirrel Mail because it works without Javascript.  Javascript is a privacy and security risk.

CVE-2017-7692

Not JavaScript is a privacy and security risk, useing outdated software which is not maintained anymore is a security risk instead

Cthulhu wrote:

CVE-2017-7692

Not JavaScript is a privacy and security risk, useing outdated software which is not maintained anymore is a security risk instead

Oh wow, I looked up that error and you're correct that Squirrel Mail is a huge risk.  Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention.  Is there any other software out there that works in a browser without javascript?

like nearly every single website uses javascript today, so why do you want it without?

for myself, i am useing rainloop as webmailer with a plugin:

https://github.com/erickvasilev/rainloop-iredmail

Hi @Cthulhu,

You may want to check out SnappyMail, a fork of RainLoop:
https://snappymail.eu