Topic: iRedMail-1.6.1 has been released

Don't forget to check out our new product "Spider Email Archiver": a lightweight, on-premises email archiving software: https://spiderd.io/
--------

Dear all,

iRedMail-1.6.1 has been released, it's a small bug fix release.

Here's major changes since iRedMail-1.6.0:

Improvements
  • [Postfix] Bypass more facebook mail server HELOs. Thanks damiandabrowski5@GitHub for the contribution.

Fixed issues
  • Not enable iRedAPD plugin 'sql_ml_access_policy' for SQL backends by default. Thanks Gavin for the feedback.

• [SOGo] Not expand mailing list members while inviting a mailing list in event.

• [SOGo] It's now disabled on Ubuntu 22.04 due to SOGo team doesn't offer binary packages yet, please leave a reply here to help push it: https://bugs.sogo.nu/view.php?id=5511

• [SOGo] New official yum/apt repo site.

Updated packages
  • Roundcube webmail -> 1.5.3.

• 1.6.0 doesn't work very well with PHP-8, mostly compatibility warnings, to avoid confusion for sysadmins, we decided to postpone it.

• iRedAPD -> 5.1

• We're working on a new milter program to replace iRedAPD (track progress here). Milter gets full mail headers and body for advance access control, it's written in Golang programming language and final program will be a single binary file, easy to deploy and upgrade, expected to have better performance.

• netdata -> 1.36.1

• iRedAdmin -> 1.8

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail-1.6.1 has been released

Great work, thanks to all involved!

I updated our roundcubemail to 1.6 as we are on Ubuntu 20.02 and have PHP 7.4. However, after doing the upgrade users could not log in. I revered to our 1.5.2 backup and it worked fine.

I know this is an issue to resolve with roundcubemail, but I wanted to point it out here to others to be sure to have a good backup of your roundcubemail folder (/opt/www/roundcubemail for us) in case you need it.

Do you still have the error messages in log file? please share it here so that we can help check what the problem is.

I updated upgrade tutorial and not recommend sysadmins to upgrade to Roundcube 1.6.0 on Debian / Ubuntu right now.

I found a workaround, but TBH not sure what the ramifications are.  I changed /opt/www/roundcubemail/config/config.inc.php this setting from false to true.

// Automatically register user in Roundcube database on successful (IMAP) logon.
// Set to false if only registered users should be allowed to the webmail.
// Note: If disabled you have to create records in Roundcube users table by yourself.
// Note: Roundcube does not manage/create users on a mail server.
$config['auto_create_user'] = true;

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you still have the error messages in log file? please share it here so that we can help check what the problem is.

I updated upgrade tutorial and not recommend sysadmins to upgrade to Roundcube 1.6.0 on Debian / Ubuntu right now.

Thanks for sharing the finding.
I added this in iRedMail upgrade tutorial moment ago:
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.iredm … reate_user

Update: Re-tagged iRedMail-1.6.1 with OpenBSD 7.1 support, no changes to other linux distributions.
Download here: https://www.iredmail.org/download.html

Hi Zhang,

In the upgrade instructions I have notice that the "SOGo: Fix incorrect SQL database and table names" only seems to apply to the users using PostgreSql and not to user using MYSQL/MariaBD is that correct?

Thanks

gpapaiko wrote:

In the upgrade instructions I have notice that the "SOGo: Fix incorrect SQL database and table names" only seems to apply to the users using PostgreSql and not to user using MYSQL/MariaBD is that correct?

Yes. And we clearly put this change under "For PostgreSQL backend" section.

Why wasn't this release posted to the mailing list? Is that no longer the correct place to subscribe for release notifications?

Notes on installing iRedMail 1.6.1 on Rocky 9

Enable the CRB repo. (crb enable)
epel 9 is missing two packages but you can build the fedora 35 source rpms available at the below locations. I created a local repo and added it to dnf.

src.fedoraproject.org dovecot-fts-xapian
src.fedoraproject.org python-webpy

I copied the iredadmin rc_scripts/uwsgi/rhel8.ini to rhel9.ini.
I copied the iredadmin rc_scripts/systemd/rhel8.service to rhel9.service and updated the uwsgi path to /sbin/uwsgi and update the conf to rhel9.ini

You may have to install them manually.

I had to manually install fail2ban before running iRedAdmin.sh
I had to run iRedAdmin.sh twice and disable the iRedAdmin dnf repo between them since there isn't a (RHEL/Centos/Rocky) 9 directory so it errors trying to reach the repo.

cdbunch wrote:

Notes on installing iRedMail 1.6.1 on Rocky 9

I'm working on supporting Alma Linux 9, Rocky Linux 9, CentOS Stream 9. 99% done but still testing it.

All issues / errors mentioned in your post have been fixed. smile
Stay tuned, we may release new iRedMail soon.

Dear all, iRedMail-1.6.2 has been released with 3 new distribution releases supported:

- CentOS Stream 9
- Rocky Linux 9
- Alma Linux 9

https://forum.iredmail.org/topic19336-i … eased.html