Topic: no longer able to relay from scanner
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.5.2 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?: downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MARIADB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
My HP CM2320nf scanner cannot be configured to authorise to an SMTP server. The only email variables it accepts are Server, Port, From Address and Subject. At one point I was able to point it to my iredmail server on port 25 and send emails from it successfully. Then I lost my config and restarted from scratch. Now I get a generic error from the scanner ("cannot connect to the SMTP server") immediately when trying to scan to email. On the mail server I see this in the log during the failed send event:
Jun 18 17:24:05 mail postfix/postscreen: CONNECT from [188.8.131.52]:27928 to [172.31.0.25]:25 Jun 18 17:24:05 mail postfix/postscreen: PREGREET 5 after 0 from [184.108.40.206]:27928: EHLO Jun 18 17:24:05 mail postfix/postscreen: DISCONNECT [220.127.116.11]:27928
No new lines appear in /var/log/iredapd/iredapd.log during the send attempt.
I have this is /opt/iredapd/settings.py:
MYNETWORKS = ['172.30.0.0/22', '172.31.0.0/24', '18.104.22.168']
While searching the log messages I read a lot of pages that don't seem applicable to my situation. I know this isn't really much to go on, but can somebody point me in the right direction for troubleshooting this?
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.