Topic: Move Spam Marked Mails to IMAP Spam Folder

Hi,

I've been using iRedMail for my email server for a while now.  Thank you for the great package.  I've run into an issue recently, I don't use roundcubemail for my webmail client and the client I do use recently made message filtering a POP3 only option.  I hate POP3 and will not be using it on my server but this means my spam mails are no longer being moved to the Spam folder.

So, I'm looking to find a way to have dovecot move spam mails to the IMAP Spam folder on delivery.  I'm not doing any local delivery, only IMAP.  I found the dovecot.sieve file and edited it (changed the 'Junk' folder to 'Spam').  Then I added the sieve plugin to the IMAP section of dovecot.conf along with the path to dovecot.sieve.

After restarting dovecot I can't even login in to my IMAP server so I don't think this was the correct thing to do.  I removed the sieve information from the IMAP section of dovecot.conf and got myself up and running.

What's the correct way to have dovecot move spam mails to the IMAP Spam folder using iRedMail?

Thanks for any help!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Move Spam Marked Mails to IMAP Spam Folder

orphean wrote:

After restarting dovecot I can't even login in to my IMAP server so I don't think this was the correct thing to do.  I removed the sieve information from the IMAP section of dovecot.conf and got myself up and running.

What's the correct way to have dovecot move spam mails to the IMAP Spam folder using iRedMail?

You did it the right way. The problem is what error message you fot from dovecot, paste then here so that others can help troubleshoot.