Topic: forwarded mail being rejected by external smtp
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.8.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? easy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
mail works great, I can send mail out while using any client
The issue I run into is once I set up a forward, or even try to use mlmmj. my external smtp relay rejects the emails saying
aid: 535 Authorization failed: Envelope From address <firstname.lastname@example.org> not authorized (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
I use oracles smtp if that helps, Let me know if you would like me to provide any specific log
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.