Topic: Encrypted DB (MariaDB) for iredmail pro

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I would like to use encrypted MariaDB for iRedMail. The encryption was a success, although I do not know how to install iRedMail to have continuously encrypted tables and databases.

Is there any way to install the iRedMail to use encryption for DB and transport?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Encrypted DB (MariaDB) for iredmail pro

Encrypion is only for the database files, the connection itself is not encrypted, and since all database connections are localhost only, three is no sense in useing a ssl connection at all

The SQL and the webserver are installed to separate servers.

I would like to install the DB structure and tables to use the encryption. And use it as a default mode.
Example.: CREATE TABLESPACE ‘tbs1’ ADD DATAFILE ‘tbs.ibd’ ENCRYPTION = ‘Y’ ENGINE=InnoDB;

So the original question still stands:
Is there any way to install the iRedMail to use encryption for DB and transport?

For transport: How to add and force the client side (iredmail admin for example) to use the pgp key?

For db writing: How to use the encryption setting as default?

Best regards,

For the transport, you might want to have a look at https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en … tions.html.