Topic: How does additional domain work...?
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have a new and fully functional iRedMail version 1.6.2 on Ubuntu 22.10. This is currently a testbed machine, where I am testing and trying to learn how all these different softwares installed by iRedmail are working together as a single unit.
My question is, initially I had a domain to start with, say abc.com which was specified as the FQDN and entries in the hosts file and also in the mydomain statement in Postfix's main.cf file. The mydestination also has this domain statement which is perfect.
Once this initial domain was tested, I added a secondary domain say xyz.com using /iredadmin web interface expecting it to make modifications to Postfix files. However to my surprise, Postfix only has the intial abc.com entries still in mydomain and mydestination, but mails from the new domain firstname.lastname@example.org are going out and come in too.
I am curious to know how this is working and where the entries to the secondary domain are made.
P.S. I have all corresponding MX, SPF, DKIM and DMARC records for both domains.
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.